Friday, July 23, 2010

I Prayed for Her

When I was first pregnant with Katie, it was no secret that I was hoping for a baby girl.  We had two wonderful boys and I just knew that a little pink bundle would make our family complete.

At the beginning of my pregnancy, when sleepless night were frequent, I would pray for a healthy baby.  Then at the end of my prayers I would ask God if He would give me a precious baby girl who would be my best friend and never leave my side.

Then in the middle of the night in late-November 2003, one month early, my prayers were answered.  Little Katie Elisabeth was born and I knew instantly that we were inseparable. 

180050

Thank you, Jesus, for the precious blessings that we have in all our children.  I pray that You will place a hedge of protection around them every day and that You would keep them safe and healthy.  It is my deepest desire that Your light would shine through them in all that they do and everywhere they go.  Help Tyler, Zachary, and Katie be a blessing to others.  In Jesus’ name I pray.  Amen.

Oh, and just as a side note, Katie no longer has that crooked-looking front tooth you see in the picture.  After it being loose for about 3 weeks, it finally fell out yesterday with much drama.  She was so upset; she said she didn’t want anybody to be excited for her and she didn’t want any money.  Period.  Sounds like the Tooth Fairy is going to get off cheap this time;-)  We’ll see if things change before the next tooth falls out, which will probably be very soon…the one right next to it is loose too. 

Have a great weekend guys!

xoxo

“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”  Proverbs 22:6

1 comment:

Keri said...

So, so sweet......I love it!! Maybe one day she'll be your running buddy!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...