Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Responsibility

Last night was pretty uneventful around here. My oldest son came home from school with many political questions, I assumed because of the DNC coverage and such...not really, it was because one his teachers was "brow-beating" any student who dared speak up against Barack Obama. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think teachers were supposed to force their opinions, political or otherwise, on students. Now I have nothing against this teacher or Barack Obama...in fact I have not completely decided who I'm voting for. But to basically tell a room full of 7th graders what to think and how to think, I really didn't care for much. I want my son to be able to look at the facts and decide for himself which candidate he likes based on the issues. And, I hate to brag :) , my responsible son came home and wanted me to help him look on the internet for information about both candidates and where they stood on all the important issues. He said, "That way when she starts throwing information around I can join in the conversation and actually know what I'm talking about." Ah. Yes, Erica, your little boy is growing up! And very responsibly I might add. Very proud of him.
After our internet search, I made my first protein-powder smoothie. I got the Dessert powder at a fitness center on Saturday in the chocolate fudge pudding flavor. So I mixed it with the 5oz. of water and decided to blend it with some crushed ice in the attempt to make a smoothie. It was good. Not knock-your-socks-off though. And I didn't really notice that it took away my afternoon hunger pangs...you know the ones you get from about 3-4pm when you feel like you could eat just about ANYTHING! But the apple that I ate took care of me until dinner. Dinner was grilled marinated steaks that my mom gave me on Sunday because she wasn't going to get to cook them. My dad left for the wildfires in California on Sunday for 21 days, he's retired with National Forest Service and is the Security Manager for the fire camps. It's his second time out this summer. So anyway, we cooked the steaks here with some grilled sweet potatoes and zucchini, and roasted brussel sprouts. It was all very good and very filling. But not so full that I couldn't eat chocolate frozen yogurt for dessert! Yum!
After dinner I just watched tv, nothing fabulous was on, and our Cardinals were getting beat, so I waited until 9pm to watch Hillary Clinton speak at the DNC. I was so tired but my son gave me a renewed sense of responsibility so I thought I should stay awake and watch. But as soon as she was done I was out.

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...