Thursday, August 28, 2008

Early To Bed...Early To Rise

I took my own advice and hit the sack a little earlier last night. I was in bed at 9pm, but my hubby and princess soon followed and proceeded to talk and carry on for a little while so it was probably 930pm before I actually fell asleep. It was ok though...I felt very rested when our oldest son woke me up at 545 this morning for me to take him to basketball practice. So, yeah the rest of the early morning went off without a hitch. I ended up walking 2 miles last night after dinner; then ran 6 miles with hills this morning. That puts my total for the week at 41.
So the checkup yesterday went ok, I guess. You know, the tech sends the ultrasound to the radiologist who reads it then sends the report to my dr. and hopefully the information will get back to me today...hopefully. They said it could be today. I think the last night I did it, it took 2 weeks...but it was Christmas/New Years last time so that could have been the delay. At any rate, I hope it doesn't take too long. The tech said it still looks like a fibroadenoma (a hormone-driven cyst, basically), but they will compare it to my scan from last time and see check the rate of growth, if any, and determine what to do from there. Could be that we do nothing...I hope that's the case. :) But we'll see what he recommends and go from there. It stresses me out a little, though. And boy did that show up in my appetite last night.
I am TOTALLY an emotional eater! Now during the day my stomach was in a knot because of the appointment...I had my usual breakfast but it went downhill from there. I got a protein shake afterwards, at the fitness place where I meet my sister and had half of my Kashi Honey Almond and Flax granola bar. Pre-dinner I had an apple and piece of string cheese. And it all went downhill from there. I had 2 pieces of leftover pizza, then started to cook dinner which was a baked ziti with whole-wheat pasta and extra lean ground sirloin, had 2 helpings of that. Then took a bath and tried to put my day out of my mind and came back out into the kitchen and the boys were whipping up homemade shakes! Oh boy, yeah so I had some lf vanilla fudge brownie ice cream then finished up what they had left of their shakes! At least their ice cream was 70 calorie vanilla! Hmmmm....two things happened here that I can see. 1) I didn't eat enough midday and was ravenous when I did start to eat. And 2) I was stress-eating! I should have went and brushed my teeth and just went to bed. But oh well, another day is here!
Today shouldn't be too complicated. It is payroll day for our employees (our weeks end on Thursdays) so I'll be doing that later, but it's pretty cut-and-dried this week...I LOVE those kind of weeks!
And my in-laws are coming home later today from a job they are doing in Kansas. My father-in-law works smokestack/chimney construction, he is a superintendent with a company that does everything from builds to repairs to tears down industrial smokestacks. While they have been gone, my hubby has put the finishing touches on their new cabin on the river about 45 minutes from our house. We own a log home company, and so they will be coming home to a beautiful new log home on the river. That is SO where we are going to be all weekend! I will post pictures when we get back! Or maybe my mobile blogger will let me...I'll try that, too. I hope everyone has a good day!

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...