Thursday, May 13, 2010

TV Time

Last night my interview that I did last week aired on KSDK NewsChannel 5 in St. Louis.  I had received an email earlier in the day letting me know that it was going to air during the 5 o’clock news last night.  I was instantly nervous!  I was just as nervous as when I did the initial interview, which was a week ago!  Why?  I guess just because I knew that it was actually going to be out there…you know, my words, my comments.  I was just hoping that I didn’t look (or sound) like a complete goof on camera!  I think I held my breath the first time I watched it;-)

So here it is: 

My overall feeling about it: I am happy with it other than one aspect, that they made it sound like I was the lone founder of Lending A Hand which is not the case at all.  Tiffany and I work together on the foundation and I wish it could have been made more clear. 

But all in all, it was a good way to get our message out there about our charity [can you say FREE ADVERTISING!] and spread the word.  And hopefully it will encourage more and more people to register and donate for the Komen Race for the Cure, which is the reason for the story!  I looked this morning and Komen St. Louis is $800,000+ into their $3.5 million dollar goal!  GO PINK!!

We are off to endure more thunderstorms and t-ball today!  Have a great Thursday!

xoxo

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can see why you may be concerned but this is a great piece and what a fantastic charity you and Tiffany have established! You're helping so many people, it's wonderful.

I hope you're feeling well! Congratulations!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...