Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Anniversary In Vegas!

In case you’ve been wondering where I’ve been, I have only one reply…

Viva Las Vegas!!

That’s right!  To celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, Jack and I headed to the bright lights and big city of Las Vegas for 5 days of rest and relaxation.  And it was fabulous!  We haven’t been anywhere alone together in the last year and a half except to STL for treatments…and that TOTALLY doesn’t count as rest and relaxation!  So as soon as we hit this: May2010 025May2010 026

We promptly got to a lot of this:May2010 023FROMPHONE 027 

(Heehee, hubby is trying to make it look like he’s nudie!  Trust me, he wasn’t!)FROMPHONE 029

We logged a lot of pool time, had couples massages, worked out in the Bellagio’s ahhhhh-mazing fitness center (hello, TVs on every single machine!), and ate delicious food. 

At one point I told Jack that I was starting feel like I was inside an episode of E! News.  See what I mean? :

Pure Nightclub:FROMPHONE 037

 Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill: (OMGoodness, can you say fabulous?!)FROMPHONE 036 

Caesars Palace:May2010 022

The Forum Shops at Caesars: (waaayyyy too pricey for this gal, but fun to look!)May2010 030

Serendipity 3: (original is in NYC and is famous for their Frozen Hot Chocolate)May2010 033   

Here are some more pics from our fabulous anniversary trip!

May2010 035May2010 034May2010 053May2010 043 May2010 044 

Heehee, I just liked the sign… ;-)May2010 046

So we are back, and totally refreshed!  We were soooo ready to see our kids and sleep in our own bed.  Trips are wonderful, but there’s just something special about coming home.  I knew we were officially back when I saw this sign at the STL airport:FROMPHONE 052Yeahhhh babyyyyy….Way to represent!  Makes me a proud Siteman patient!  And that’s no actor in the picture, that Mel’s dr, Dr. Ellis.

We are jumping back into normal routines today.  Katie has a tball game tonight, and Zachary has baseball practice…and did I mention we came home to SUMMER?!  It’s gonna be in the 90s today!  Sheesh!  It didn’t get that hot in Vegas the whole time we were gone!  But we came home thankful and blessed for 15 wonderful years of marriage, and praising God for making us perfectly for each other.

Love y’all!

xoxo

“Rejoice always! Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

5 comments:

Keri said...

I have never been to Vegas....can you believe it? I don't see it happening anytime soon, either. I totally didn't recognize you with straight hair! I love it!! Glad you guys had a great time, you certainly deserve it!

EricaH said...

me and the husband celebrated our anniversary in Vegas a couple weekends ago we only got three days next time i am going to have to push for five. Looks like you all had an amazing time.

marilyn said...

glad you had such a good time, vegas is such an interesting place isn't it?? a little goes a long way. Love, M

selah said...

I'm glad y'all had a great time! Congratulations on 15 years of wedded bliss! :) Oh, and I love your hair straight - it is super cute! Love ya, D

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Oh my gosh, I loved your pictures! Vegas is where Josh and I went on our honeymoon, which was five years ago next month, wow! Happy Anniversary, sweet lady :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...