Friday, May 8, 2009

Straight From Beth

This morning in my quiet time I was reading from Beth Moore's Believing God Day-By-Day devotional book. Have I told you that I just LOVE her?! Well I do. But today's scripture and commentary for May 8 spoke to me so much that I just had to put it on here for you to see (hope I don't get in trouble for copying this! ha!):

"Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
Every now and then I ask those gathered in an audience how many have gotten through something that they believed beforehand they couldn't bear. Hands never fail to raise all over the auditorium.
Living through something we were sure we couldn't endure gives us a small glimpse of our inner man's immortality and is clear evidence that the "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" promise works for us, too. None of us particularly like the face-it-until-you-get-over-it approach to fear banishment, but it can certainly be effective. Yes, you can make it, God and you.
Isn't that just perfect?! Oh how I needed this perfect verse on the morning of yet another trip to STL for treatment. God never ceases to amaze me how He places things exactly where He wants them, and when WE need them. Praise Him! Our God just flat out ROCKS!
Have a fabulous Friday everybody! Keep in His grip...

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...