Thursday, May 7, 2009

National Day of Prayer

The National Day of Prayer is an annual observance held on the first Thursday of May, inviting people of all faiths to pray for the nation. It was created in 1952 by a joint resolution of the United States Congress, and signed into law by President Harry S. Truman. Please take the time today to say a prayer for our nation today. Pray for our leaders that they will look to God for guidance and direction and that they will seek to do His will. The problems plaguing our nation are vast, but Hallelujah, they are not bigger than God!

I am enjoying a wonderful day at home today. The sun is shining outside and it is 85*! Woo Hoo...can you say summertime?! When it gets hot and humid outside, all I want to do is go find a gravel bar on the river and park myself there in my lawn chair, part-way in the water so you can catch the cool waves when a boat goes by, and soak up the sun. Ahhhhhh.... Tempting, right?! It is marvelous, trust me.

This morning I couldn't stand it any longer. Yes, I went for a run. I couldn't help it! I had the most glorious 5-mile run and spent the majority of it talking to my Lord. I have so many things to thank Him for and so many concerns to leave at His feet. Praise Him that I can leave them right there. I'm so glad He has big shoulders...

Right after school today I am taking the kids to PB because Tyler has an orthodontist appointment. While we're there, I'm sure we will hit up Walmart and be bringing Buffalo Wild Wings home for dinner. Ha! This means a no cook night for me...and a clean kitchen to boot! Score!

Tomorrow I head to STL for labs and my 10th Herceptin treatment. Yeah double-digits! Woot woot! #10/17...finishing up in October. My mom is going with me tomorrow and we are leaving at 6am because I have labs at 915am and treatment starting at 10am. I'm sure tomorrow will also entail some lunch and a little stop by the mall...I'm sure. Please pray for me that my lab work will be great and right where they want it to be and my treatment will be quick and easy. Man, I can't wait for October to be here......

Have a great rest of your Thursday, friends!

"...LIFT UP HOLY HANDS IN PRAYER." 1 TIMOTHY 2:8

1 comment:

Lauren @ Team Giles said...

Great post :) I love going on a run (inside or out) and talking to God... such sweet times.

Lauren
http://www.teamgiles.com

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...