Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tough

Good Tuesday Morning everybody! I've had a busy couple of days around here, therefore, no posts. Sunday, I went for a 7 mile run (yay!!) then we went to PB and got groceries...I took the hubby and the kids so it was not as quick a trip as I had hoped! But the trip accomplished what it was supposed to: we have food! As soon as we got back we headed to my mom and dad's to eat Sunday dinner, we had steaks (!), with the WHOLE fam! That doesn't happen very often because we are all scattered and are busy, you know how it goes. So my parents and my brother and sisters and their families were all there....it was a great Sunday afternoon!

Yesterday was crazy-busy! I started off the morning with an 8 mile run, the furthest I've ran since my diagnosis 2 1/2 months ago! I felt so good afterwards! There's nothing like the runner's high! So after that, I got into paying bills...good thing I had the runner's high thing going on! Haha! That led to other computer work and bookwork that took me to midday. After I made Katie and I lunch, I made baked ziti so I could just pop it into the oven when we got home from PB from Tyler's eye dr. appointment, which was right after school. It takes 35-40 minutes to get there, and we drove straight there and straight home. The kids were wanting to stop at Dairy Queen and get snacks and treats, but I was sooooo worn out by that time that all I wanted to do was get home! After I cooked dinner, I piddled around with laundry and pick-up stuff, but nothing too serious...I was ready to collapse! But when we went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep (uh!!), but I felt so drawn to my book of Bible verses and a little talk with God. So I got up and read through some verses and thanked God in my prayers that He is ALWAYS available for us to talk to and He always hears us and listens. He is so faithful! After that, I went back to bed and slept like a baby until 6am when my hubby woke me up with a kiss as he was leaving for work. I went ahead and got up and did some more laundry and put away dishes, got my runnin' gear on and cranked out another 5 miles! Woohoo!

So far today I've had my run, done my Bible Study, "Believing God" by Beth Moore. If anyone is looking for direction or a closer walk with God, this study is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I highly recommend it! My friend (who I requested prayers for last week) texted me this morning telling me that there was a song I just had to hear..."Tough" by Craig Morgan. I had heard this song before, but as I watched the video on YouTube I actually listened to the words, and it is beautiful! I tried to post the video here but it says it was "disabled by request." But if you have a chance to click over and listen to it (and watch!)...you will see what I'm talking about. My favorite verse of the song is as follows:

"We sat there five years ago
The doctors let us know, the test showed
She’d have to fight to live, I broke down and cried
She held me and said it’s gonna be alright
She wore that wig to church
Pink ribbon pinned there on her shirt
No room for fear, full of faith
Hands held high singing Amazing Grace
Never once complained, refusing to give up
And I thought I was tough"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow - 13 miles total?? Are you kidding me? You are seriously super-mom!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...