- God is in control - I love the song by Twila Paris and have sang it over and over to myself the last three months, since being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- God is gracious and strong - Isaiah 40:31 reminds us that "those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
- God can be trusted - "God doesn't give us what we can handle, He helps us handle what we have been given." We must trust and obey Him, for His will is perfect.
- God is love - Lamentations 3:22-23 says, "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Praise God that He loves us so much that He sees us through the dark times in order to have another chance to give it our best shot!
- God will provide - God's promise in Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Whether that need is mental, spiritual, and emotional or for finances, strength, and a smile, God will provide. You just have to have faith and BELIEVE HIM.
- Give God the glory and praise - Instead of asking "Why me?", trust in God's perfect plan that He has for our lives. Trust Him and give Him the glory and praise that He is leading us on a path that will ultimately bring us to His goal: to be closer to Him. Praise God that He loves us so much that He just wants to be close to us! And all He wants in return is that we love Him back! Wow. Hallelujah LORD!
I didn't know until I read the book the depth that the Gosselin family loved God. How they trusted Him and let Him guide them. It was an absolutely inspiring book and I have no doubt that I will be referring to it often for my own reminders for strength. And I also have no doubt that God put this book in my path for a specific reason. And I promise I'm not doing pr for the book, but it would make an excellent Christmas present! Have a blessed Sunday!
"Thank you Lord for again revealing your promises for my life, not only through this book, but every day. Thank you for your perfect plan. I pray for the strength and grace to remember every day that You are in control and that You alone are bigger than anything I could possibly face. Continue to hold me tightly by the hand, pick me up when I fall, and carry me when necessary. In Jesus' Precious Holy Name, Amen."