Friday, January 6, 2012

Live Your Life

Soooooo….

IT’S FRIDAY, Y’ALL!!!!

Around here that means payroll day in our office, ballgame day, and the joy of knowing I don’t have to coax three cranky precious children out of bed at 7 tomorrow morning.  Ahhhhh, TGIF.

Seriously. Open-mouthed smile

Also on my “happy list” this morning is the bangin’ 8-mile run that I just had! Check this out:
 2012-01-06_0942garmin

 

Yes, yes, happy Momma right here!!  I can’t remember when the last time I had an average page of 8:49/mile was…been awhile for sure!

Of course I had a little motivation this morning…

2012-01-06_0947mountainlion

 

2012-01-06_0950mountainlion

2012-01-06_0951mountainlionstory

mountainlion

Ummmm, yeah.  That’s not very far from us.

Now THAT’S motivation to run…and run FAST!!!  Boy, oh, boy. 

You can bet that I was checking the edge of the woods as I ran this morning!  I was trying not to think about it a whole lot but it was hard not to.  Finally, I decided that if being attacked by a mountain lion while I was out for my morning run was how I was going to die, then at least I would die doing something I love!  Morbid, I know.  But it got me through a fantastic run!  Haha!

I also thought while I was running that I might use my phone and record a short vlog (video-blog) about what I was thinking and whatnot…  But then I decided that sounded a little too much “Blair Witch Project- like” for my taste.  Yikes. 

THEN I had the idea to just take pictures of some of the area where I run and the edge of some parts of the woods and whatever, you know, just the areas I was looking at and watching while I ran.  BUT then, THIS came to mind…

elk-hunter-mountain-lion 

And yes, I know it was discovered to be a hoax, but WHO FLIPPIN’ CARES?!?!  All I need is to be looking at one of my peaceful, edge of woods pictures and to see something like that!!  To see that while I was out running, that I was being stalked by a big cat.  Yes, I know, it’s going to be there regardless of whether or not I see it, but at least if I don’t see it then I can pretend it’s not there. Winking smile  Stupid, I know.  But it’s my thought process at the moment. 

I actually have to do that a lot when I run outside around here.  We live in a VERY rural area with national forests and parks, and wooded areas galore.  It truly is God’s Country here.  And I KNOW that we have mountain lions, bears, and whatever else…  But I can’t live in constant fear of what MAY be out there, or let it stop me from doing something I truly love.

Whoa. 

Is there a cancer message in there?!  Umm hmm, I think so.Winking smile  And that’s honesty not where I was going with this at all.  This last thing I meant to happen was to start this post talking about running and mountain lions and to segway into talking about cancer.  Interesting though.  And how true.

So again, this time with cancer on the brain, not running:

I CAN’T LIVE IN CONSTANT FEAR OF WHAT MAY BE OUT THERE, OR LET IT STOP ME FROM DOING SOMETHING I TRULY LOVE.

I’m off to shower…I stink.  Yes, I sweat like a pig even when it’s cold.

Live your life, friends.

xoxo 

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...