Friday, January 20, 2012

Catching Up

Hey y’all!

How the heck have ya been?  I hope all is well around your neck of the woods (I actually typed “weeds” but I’m hoping that’s not the case!).  Everything is going well here…just more of the same busy life of US!

The past week has seen the start of a new season of Upward Basketball and Cheer,
 upward2012group

 

A special little guy’s 2nd BIRTHDAY,

braydenglasses

 

A Twirler in the house,

katietwirl

Sicklies for Katie, Zach, and I interspersed throughout the long weekend (obviously no pic…you’re welcome),

And a new workout program started for me,

jamie-trainer-introduction

I am loving Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Trainer thus far!  Of course I’m only on Day 4, but really, so far so good!  I think this program will help me gain muscle and really give my workouts a direction as to which way to go.  I am a running fool, and I also enjoy the benefits of weights and strength training, but only if someone’s guiding me.  Weights just don’t give me the same endorphins that running does.  And running can’t be IT for me anymore.  My body just can’t handle it.

Why?? 

Basically I’m having to “relearn” my body, as I am in shock-to-the-system-full-blown menopause, and things, they are ‘a changin’.  I can tell everything about my body is different since I’ve battled breast cancer.  From my metabolism, my body shape, my wear & tear factor, everything is new to me.  Most times I feel like I don’t know my body anymore.  And SO, I must adjust…find my new normal.  We’ve found our new normal with everything else…why not my fitness routine, too??  Yes, of course it has to change! 

So when Clare started the Live Fit Trainer a week or so ago, I was intrigued.  After following her first week, I decided to jump in with both feet and give it try.  The Live Fit program is composed of three phases, each focusing on key components of building lean muscle and burning fat.  I’m excited about this new program, and I was even more pumped to learn that the developer of the the Live Fit Trainer, Jamie Eason, is a 2x breast cancer survivor!  Well what better fitness role model than that?!

stopthinkingjustdoit

So while I’m still running a little most days, I’ve drastically cut back on my miles.  You’re actually not supposed to do cardio in the first Phase…see there, I’m already cheating…you’re just supposed to focus on building muscle and improving your diet.  But seriously, let’s be honest, we all know that’s not going to happen here. Winking smile  I’m doing the best I can.  Baby steps, er, short runs…

Also,

If you get a moment, please say a prayer for this sweet lady…

sarahwhite

This is Sarah, and while we’ve never actually MET, we became friends via our cancer battles and our blogs.  She is from PB and is a 31 year old wife and mother of two little ones, Nolan and Ella.  She was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer only 5 weeks after delivering her daughter.  “C-Fight”, as she is known, is still fighting this dreadful disease, but it is continuing to worsen and everyone is praying for a miracle.  So please, if you could add your prayers for Sarah and her family to the thousands of others that are going up, it would be appreciated.  I stand ready to see a miracle. Red heart

Love you guys.  Have a great weekend.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...