Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cranky About Yoga Pants

I’m sitting here on Sunday morning in kind of a funk. 

Honestly?  At the moment I’m cranky about:

  • my fuzzy hair- Katie helped me wash it right before bed so I slept on it wet (ugh) and I can’t straighten it myself so I am pouting about it.  Because I can.

 

  • my black yoga pants- I am so so so tired of wearing them every.single.day.  But they are the only pants that won’t rub or put weird pressure on my fat-grafting sites…other than my running capris, which just makes me sad to put on.  Which brings me to,

 

  • not running- need I say more?  C’mon, y’all know me well enough by now to know that any long lapse in workouts for me (especially running) is not a good thing.  In fact, when someone asked us yesterday how we were doing and if we needed anything, my hubs said, “I need her to run.”  Um, yeah, me too. 

 

  • total schedule interruption- I should be leaving for church right now, but with fuzzy hair, stylish black yoga pants, and a sore left side because I slept on it wrong, I’m sitting here pouting.  Yep, the devil’s doing his darndest.  I should probably walk to church.

 

  • depending on others for almost everything- I am SUCH an independent person.  So having my amazing Momma have to come strip my bed and wash clothes for me, and my wonderful sister come and straighten my hair, is humbling.  I am used to being the one who is helping take care of everybody else, so to have to ask my kids to move the laundry from the washer to the dryer is so out of my comfort zone.  I run MARATHONS, but I can’t clean my bathroom right now-which reallyyyyy needs it at the moment!

 

  • and this is the biggie- survivor sisters/friends who have been diagnosed with recurrences lately.  My heart breaks every time I get word that one of us has had a recurrence.  My stomach does a flip flop and my mind works overtime.  It’s a physical sick feeling.  But I MUST remember, that God is in control here.  He knew that these recurrences were going to happen, and He knows what is going to happen tomorrow, and ten years from now.  And you know what- He’s already there.  Nothing surprises Him.  No matter what, I can believe in His promises and rest in His love.  I choose to stand strong in His faithfulness.
IMG_8012

 

I’m going to try to log on and watch this morning’s church service online, if that doesn’t work I’m going to get some #SheReadsTruth in my system.

Let’s find things to be thankful for today…first up- the sun is shining! Sun 

IMG_8150

Have a blessed Sunday, friends!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...