Thursday, September 13, 2012

XC Race ~ My Boys Can Run

Wow.  What a race my boys had yesterday. 

We traveled to Alton for the second meet of the season (and first meet in our conference).  My boys had a great day!

Zachary improved his time by more than two minutes from last week’s race and finished strong in 55th place!  His time was 22:30!  That is AWESOME, especially for this tough course.  The top 25 boys medal so he didn’t get a medal yesterday, but I’ll bet that there is one coming this season with lots of races still left to be run!  I am so proud of him!! 

2012-09-13

 

Tyler had a BIG race.  BIG.  The child is so determined and so tough-minded that he went into the race thinking knowing he would do well.  Tyler has more heart in him than most people, and absolutely no quit in him whatsoever.  That’s a pretty good combo, I’d say.  But, man, it’s hard for a Momma to watch when your son wants it so bad that he passes out as soon as he crosses the finish line, and after recovering from that, starts throwing up and physically has nothing left.  Scared me to death.  The plus side: 

HE GOT 3RD PLACE!!!  HE RAN A 18:05 RACE AND HAD A 5:08 FIRST MILE. 

Whoa.  That’s crazy good, and the fastest race he’s ever ran.  I am so proud of him I can’t stand it!  But I could do without the passing out and the puking at the end, though.  That really freaked me out.  

2012-09-131

 

When it was all over, we all just sat around and talked about the race while Tyler recovered.  Of course, Katie’s standing there with her hands on her hips telling them all how it all goes.  She’s a mess.
  IMG_4948

 

Then it was medal time, and the top 15 girls and the top 25 boys were announced one by one to come and receive their medals.  2012-09-13 001

So the Cross Country season has officially started off with a bang. With his sights set on the medals for Zach, and Tyler’s eye on a trip to the state meet, it’s bound to be an exciting season!  Good job, guys!  I am beyond proud of you both!

Oh, and just in case you didn’t know- IMG_4961

Hahahaha!  I couldn’t resist. Winking smile  But to tell ya the truth, their dad is pretty awesome, too. Red heart

Run on.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...