Friday, March 19, 2010

Back Into The Swing Of Things

Hey guys!  Sorry for going MIA this week, but it seriously has taken me all week to get back into some sort of normal mode post-vacay.  While it is great to be home, it just takes awhile to get back into a normal groove!

We hit the ground running pretty much and haven’t stopped yet.  On Sunday, we went to church and then had plans to go to Jack’s mom and dad’s for dinner on Sunday evening.  Turns out that this was a post-race/congratulations surprise party they had arranged and there was quite the crowd of family there!  I WAS SO SURPRISED!!  And check out this CAKE!  It is SO AWESOME!  And check out the little pink and white running shoes on the top, so cute…and Katie said they were delicious;-)   Dad's Camera 989  Dad's Camera 991 Dad's Camera 992 Dad's Camera 993

Dad's Camera 997

Dad's Camera 994 Dad's Camera 995 

This week started Zachary’s basketball season and his first game was Tuesday night.  They lost pretty bad, but they are a good little team and I think they will do better as their nerves calm down.  I’ll be a good mom and take pics next time;-)

Tyler’s baseball practice has started and his first game is next week.  In fact, his first game is next Thursday night at home, also the same night Zachary has a basketball game in another town.  Hmmmmm…and my parents say it’s only going to get worse.  Sheesh! 

Jack is work this week on 4 new houses all in the same location.  Which is fabulous when you’re talking about moving equipment and such, but it’s isn’t very convenient that there is no cell phone signal there and it’s in the middle of nowhere.  So much so that anything you even THINK you may need during the course of the day had better be brought with you that morning, because it takes so long to drive out.  He’s been leaving here by 6am with breakfast, lunch, and mucho coffee in hand.  But I am so thankful that God continues to provide us with work, no matter where it is.   He looked so cute when he came home from work yesterday because they had been pouring concrete all day and he looked like he had been playing in the dirt.  His face had dirt smudges all over it, and he looked just like he and the kids just came in from a good day!  Because you know that when you’re a kid, a good day could always be defined by how dirty you were!  He had a GOOD day yesterday;-)

I made a grocery run yesterday and re-stocked our cabinets and refrigerator since being gone last week.  The kids were complaining how there was nothing in the world to eat and they were going to starve, so I bit the bullet and headed to Wal-Mart.  Ugh, I hate Wal-Mart.  I swear, it just sucks the life right out of me.  Along with a couple hundred dollars every time I walk through the door.  Ick.

racebanner

BUT I made up for the day by having a fun evening (at least for me)!  I got all registered for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in St. Louis in June!!!  Wheeeeeee!!!  So excited!  Our whole family and much of Jack’s family is going for what is sure to be a fabulous weekend.  I got all my donation emails sent out last night, and was so surprised and elated to already have responses back last night!  [Thanks, M!]  This year I am embracing my title of SURVIVOR wholeheartedly and with a whole new vision.  I.AM.PROUD. 

Speaking of survivor, check out the new “Survivor” shirts for Race for the Cure this year:

survivorshirt

Cute, huh?!  Can’t wait to wear it!

So I am now in fundraising mode for Komen!  If anyone is interested in donating to a wonderful cause, you can visit my personal race page!  Only 85 days left til race day!

On the medical front, I started back on my blood pressure medicine this week.  The cardiologist said I could quit taking it, but I felt so much better when I was on it that I am went back on it.  I was getting sleepy in the afternoons and my runs were sluggish, and there were times when I felt my eyes might pop out of my head…uh yeah not good.  Since Monday (when I re-started it) I have felt much better already.  Another new development is a couple of bruises on my legs.  After showing them to Michelle, she has determined that it is from the aspirin I started taking about 3 weeks ago because of new research that shows that taking a low-dose aspirin a day can lessen chances of breast cancer recurrence.  After asking my dr about it, he said the aspirin was fine to take.  So the bruises are probably from me bumping my leg or something minor, but being on the aspirin will make me more easy to bruise.  Hmmm, ok.  I’ll take easier bruising for a less chance of recurrence or death, yep. 

OK, so I think I am caught up on the week.  You know, if I would write a little each day I wouldn’t end up with monster posts like this one!  Have a great day, everyone!  Be glad it’s Friday!  Love ya!

xoxo

1 comment:

Sarah White said...

Hi! This is Sarah White. . .your new cancer buddy from P.B! Thanks for hunting me down and for the great post you left on my blog! First of all, congrats on your latest run!! That's amazing. . especially when I looked at your times :-) You should be super proud! Your family is beautiful and I'm glad you got to spend such a great vacation away with them, you deserved it! It is so wonderful to hear that you are doing so great and have beat this "thing!" Congrats again! It is nice to meet somebody else that knows what I'm going through, of course it would have been nicer to meet under different circumstances, but what can you do? :-) If you are ever in P.B. we should get together for lunch. I'm not the crazy runner like you, but I have started cycling again and my newest adventure of skydiving!! So awesome! I'm sure I'll be in Van Buren this summer floating or something so maybe we could get together there too. God bless you and your wonderful spirit and strenth! I'll try to hunt you down on Facebook so we can chat a little more. Talk to you soon!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...