Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Extraordinary Easter

Hey guys!  How is your week starting off?  Good?  I hope so;-)  Mine is fantastic!  We are having the most beautiful weather here and today the sun is shining making me wish school was out so we could have a river day!  Soon enough, though.

I had every intention of posting Easter pics yesterday but got home and plugged up my camera and realized that I had taken my sister’s camera instead of mine.  Oops!  So after a quick swap yesterday afternoon I am finally getting around to an Easter recap.

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday!  We woke up celebrating the fact that Jesus is not dead, but He is risen!  Even the kids were not so much focused on Easter baskets or the goodies inside it (well, maybe the candy!) but were talking about the REAL reason we celebrate.  It made my heart smile:-)  Something else that never ceases to make me smile is doing something our pastor told us to do with John 3:16:

“For God so loved (insert your name here), that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”

Can I get an “AMEN!”  I love it, and it makes it so personal to plug my name into that verse.  But that’s what God is…He.Is.Personal.  He created us, knowing how many hairs we have on our head, forming our personalities, our likes and dislikes, He made us for His pleasure and for His amazing and extraordinary love for us.  FOR YOU!  Yes, YOU!  I am talking to you reading this who may say, “But you don’t know what I’ve done.  There is no way God can love me.” 

Listen when I tell you:  GOD CAN, AND GOD DOES.  UNCONDITIONALLY.    And He so desperately wants you to accept His free gift of salvation so your sins (ALL of them) will be washed away and when it comes your time to leave this world, you will live in Heaven forever.  Amazing love.  Thank you, Lord.

EASTER EGG HUNT AT CHURCH:

April2010 009April2010 020April2010 022April2010 018  

EASTER AFTERNOON AT MOM & DAD’S.  DINNER, FINDING EGGS (and baskets – my dad gets a kick out of hiding the kids’ baskets and making them go on a search;-)

April2010 028 April2010 029 April2010 030April2010 033April2010 032 April2010 050 xoxo

1 comment:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

So glad you had an excellent Easter! Our weather has been great too, praise the Lord :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...