Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO MY HANDSOME HUBBY! FOR BEING THE BEST DAD TO OUR KIDS, AND THE GREATEST PARENTING PARTNER A WIFE COULD ASK FOR! I AM SO THANKFUL FOR YOU AND LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!


Happy Father's Day! Today is the day we set aside to give extra love and appreciation to our dads; to remember all the things they have done for us and the unconditional love they give. I know that even though we have had rough times (what teenage girl and her dad haven't?!), I am so thankful for my dad and love him so much. He is always there to lend a helping hand or a listening ear. He is a great example of strength, determination, and hard work. He is the best Poppy to my kids that they could ever ask for! They think hanging out with him is the greatest thing ever, and I love to see the way they look up to him. He is truly a very special man.


As I was having my quiet time this morning, I also wished God a Happy Father's Day. After all, He is the ultimate Father! He is always there for us, wants the best for us, and gives us unconditional love. He teaches us lessons when we need them, and picks us up when we fall. He is our greatest encourager, and our best friend.


"So Happy Father's Day, LORD! Thank you for your love, your guidance, and your faithfulness. For being the ultimate FATHER. I pray that I will make you proud every day."


Tyler went with me this morning for my run. Between the humidity and the high pollen count, it turned into more of run/walk. We did 5 miles. I had to keep swatting bugs off me, the air was so thick and humid, and occasionally I would have to cough so hard I thought I'd surely see my lung on the road a couple of times! I am such a wimp. I missed my treadmill so much this morning! LOL I am such a picky outdoor runner: barely cloudy, temperature 55-75*, and a light breeze. Yeah, um, that doesn't leave much time for outdoor runs around here! Haha! But it was a great time spent with Tyler...running is our thing. As soon as we got back, we took off our shoes and went and jumped in the river, clothes and all! OMGoodness, that is the best thing about an outdoor run here at the cabin...going to jump in that crisp, clean, cold river! Ahhhh, it was awesome! If I hadn't had to get inside so I could wrap my arm, I would probably still be sitting there!


The rest of today consists of BBQ and river time. It is going to be hot and beautiful here so it looks like a perfect day for it! Have a great Sunday, friends!


No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...