Wednesday, December 5, 2012

SABCS, Another Run, & Bulldog WIN

Hey!

I am sitting in front of my computer checking out basketball pictures from last night’s game [WIN!!!], as well as keeping an eye on Twitter and the news coming out of this year’s San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS)

I love that doctors, researchers, and patients alike can all gather at this annual conference to talk about the latest and greatest developments in the treatment of breast cancer.  Tim (my fabu oncologist) is there, along with some other docs from Wash U, hopefully finding new ways to keep me alive for a long, long, long time. 

I have hopes to be able to go this conference someday.  But for now, I’ll just count on my BCSM and Twitter peeps to keep me informed. 

2012-12-05_1057sabcsscreen

 

Earlier this morning I enjoyed a chilly 6.25 mile run!!  I don’t know what it is with me and the .25s this week, but once I started it I figured, eh, why not continue the trend.  I know, I’m weird.  I cut over two minutes off my time from Monday’s outside run!  Getting faster!! 

Crappy news: my femur is a tad sore.  I don’t want to talk about it.  It pisses me off.  Sorry for the language, Mom, but it does. Humph.

2012-12-05_1101garmin


But regardless, it felt SO GOOD to get out the cold morning air and run.  It just makes me a happy, happy girl. IMG_7079


Like I said before, last night’s game was a WINNER!  The Varsity Bulldogs are 5-0!  I can’t remember the last time we started the season undefeated! 

The team we played didn’t have enough players for a JV game, so there was just the Varsity game last night.  Zachary got some minutes in the game and had a couple points.  I don’t know how many Tyler had last night.  I rely heavily on our school photographer extraordinaire (and friend) for many of the pics of the kids, but there weren’t any of Zach last night. Sad smile  Tyler was all over the pictures though!

2012-12-05 001


See the gold arrow in the picture above??  I just had to point out that that is MY name on a cheerleading banner hanging in the gym!  Our squad during the 1993-94 year (I was a sophomore) got 1st place at Regionals and qualified for State Competition where we took 2nd place [or Runner up, as the banner reads]!!  So fun!!

Did you have a good high school experience?  Do you ever wish you could go back and relive some of those days??  I know I do.  Jack and I talk about it all the time…I think we are reliving it through our kids now. Winking smile

Ok, Ladies: Here’s your friendly reminder!  Check your breasts, schedule your mammogram, and be your own advocate.  And tell others to do the same!  Early detection can SAVE. YOUR. LIFE.

xoxo

IMG_7041

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...