Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Am Still Here!

Hello all! Despite what you may be thinking, I am still here! I have been so focused on my radiation that I haven't had one moment to post...sorry! Throw in Easter, kids' schedules, and company bookwork and you have a recipe for overload. Radiation has been going so well. Again, I can't complain. God has guided me to the best radiation team and doctor and everything is going smoothly. We have been crossing off days left and right. Today we got the best news ever, my treatment plan has been shortened by 4 DAYS!!! Praise God!! I guess the total number of days you have radiation is based on a certain number of "rads" that the dr wants you to have, and the average person gets 180 rads a day to the chest wall...she has been giving me 200. So that took four days off my 33, so 29 is my new favorite number! (teehee) Even better, I only have 9, yes single digits here people, 9 left! 9...my second favorite number; I have a feeling that tomorrow it will be 8. :-D I am totally giving all the glory and praise to God for this gift. "Thank you, Jesus! You are AWESOME!"

Since I have been driving, or riding actually, every day I have had to let some of my running go. I just could no longer get up at 430am, have my quiet time, run, get myself and my family ready for the day, and make the trip to STL. Something had to give...running was the most logical choice...duh. So I gave myself "permission" to only run on the afternoons I felt like it and not to push myself and get run down. This week I have only ran twice. I miss it, but it's cool...I'll pick it up again when I am finished.

Exciting news for us over the weekend: I AM GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER NEW NIECE OR NEPHEW THIS FALL!!! My sister, Layne, surprised us with the news that she is due in November! Yes, Ethan is going to be a big brother! We are beyond excited! My parents are getting new grandbabies left and right! Jessica is definitely next...which we reminded her many times over the weekend! ;-)

I hate to copy Jenna, but I am just putting it out there that I am running in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in STL in June. I am BEYOND EXCITED! If anyone wants to help me raise money and donate to a fabulous cause you can visit my fundraising page at:

http://www.komenstlouis.org/site/TR/Race/General?px=1201701&pg=personal&fr_id=1050

Thanks in advance for checking it out! I am looking forward to it so much!

Sorry this is a quick update, but I just wanted to get something out there and let whoever is reading this know that I am hanging in there, doing great, and looking upward and forward. Love ya'll!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Always thinking of ya!!

Anonymous said...

Erica, I was just thinking of you yesterday and I prayed that your radiation was going well, I'm so glad to hear it is! Again, you are such an inspiration and I'm definitely going to donate. We have a Breast Cancer walk/run here in October and I'm definitely signing up this year :)

Keri said...

I was starting to get worried about you!!! So happy to hear about how good radiation is going. You really sound great and now I don't have to wonder what in the world happened to you! heehee

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...