Friday, December 2, 2011

What A Month! Welcome December!

Wow.  What a month November was!  And it’s one I don’t care to repeat again, thankyouverymuch.

There were high points in the month like Thanksgiving, Katie’s 8th birthday, and the start of the high school Bulldog basketball season, but the “c” word lingered over everything.  At least it did to me.

It was filled with stress and anxiety as I have been going for many scans, my sister had a scare which turned out to be fine, and my brother-in-law (her husband) also had an issue that had to be checked out, which was also fine.

But, Praise The Lord, OUR fears were finally put to rest this Wednesday when the MRI of my right femur showed only a stress injury from running, and NO CANCER.  That’s right, NO CANCER.  Those two words together are so, so sweet.

And a running injury??  Imagine that.  I don’t even care.  I hugged my dr as he was telling me that I would have to take 4-6 weeks off from running, telling him “I wouldn’t care if I never ran another step if I never had to worry about cancer ever again.

Of course we all know that’s not how it works unfortunately.  Cancer, and the anxiety it causes, will be with me the rest of my life.  Hopefully a long, long, long life; and hopefully less and less anxiety as it goes on.  Hopefully long enough to see all my children graduate high school, college, and get married.  Long enough to see them give me grandchildren and to play with those grandchildren and spoil them to pieces.  Long enough to celebrate dozens of years of marriage to my still-high-school-sweetheart and the love of my life. 

Whatever God has planned for me, I know that it’s “to prosper me, not to harm me; plans to give me hope and a future” (Jer. 29:11).  And I won’t fear the unknown because I know that He’s already there.  All I can do is to try and live a life that is pleasing to Him and to live each day to it’s fullest…cherishing every second and not taking anything for granted.  <-----And that’s not a bad lesson for ALL of us!

So, as we start a new month, let’s all try to focus on the things that really matter and to take the time to savor every moment.  I know we will. Red heart

IMG_0363

IMG_0372

IMG_0374

IMG_0376

IMG_0441

IMG_0495

 

Smile LOTS today, cherish every second, and check your breasts, ladies!!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...