Monday, February 28, 2011

Waiting Room

Hey guys!  And Happy Monday to ya!

I am writing right now enjoying my runner’s high from this morning’s 10-miler outside!  It felt amazing.  Even though the weather was blah and rainy and blustery, I was itching to get outside and just run.  It was one of those runs when I felt as if I could run for days…I love runs like that.  After taking off almost all of last week due to bronchitis and then Friday’s biopsy making me sore, it’s been days since a good long run, and I felt so good that it felt like I was absolutely gliding at times.  Ahhhhhh……Smile

2011-02-28_1200garmin

And my music added to the awesome-ness of my run.  I had on my best praise and worship tunes and alternated back and forth between talking to God, singing along, and praising Him for all He is and all He is for me.  One song that spoke to me today was “Waiting Room” by Jonny Diaz, because the waiting game is one that I am playing right now…waiting for the doctor to call and confirm that the biopsy they took from my breast on Friday is benign.

"Waiting Room" Lyrics

by Jonny Diaz | from the album More Beautiful You

Here in this waiting room yearning for You to say go
And though I’m convinced that a yes would be best
This time You’re telling me no
It’s not that I don’t have an answer
It’s just not the one that I’d like
But through this time Lord I must keep in mind
You’re always wiser than I
You have a much better purpose
And You have a far greater plan
And You have a bigger perspective
Cause You hold this world in your hands
The things that I seek are from You
Like the strong healing touch of your hand
But when You say no help me trust even though
There’s a reason I can’t understand
When that miracle comes cause Your answer is yes
I will praise you for all of my days
But when Your wisdom declares that a no is best
I will praise You just the same

Beautiful, right?  I love this song. 

I am reminded constantly that the things that I see are so limited, so small compared to what God sees.  He has a bigger and better perspective and a much greater plan than any of us can even imagine.  Oh praise Him that He is in control always!

Tonight we are headed back to the gym to support the Lady Dawgs as they are continuing in District play.  The boys and girls BOTH won their opening round games on Saturday…YAY!!  The boys play tomorrow night, and we are hoping big for a couple of BLACK & GOLD WINS!!!  How great would it be to have an all-Bulldog final on Friday night?!

Ok, I am off to go make my own sunshine on this cloudy, rainy day!  Maybe you could do the same?

Love ya Sun

xoxo 

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...