Friday, February 4, 2011

He’s.Got.This.

So how’s this for more weekly shake-ups?

Another cancelled ballgame for tonight AND an increased chance of snow AGAIN tonight.

Oh my word, if anything could go according to plan this week, that would be GREAT!!

Like I said in a previous post, we just barelyyyyyyy missed the massive snowstorm that swept across Missouri earlier in the week.  We ended up with a lot of rain, with a few slick spots, and that’s about it.  Awesome.  So after rescheduling our Black Out Night Awareness ballgame that had been cancelled from an earlier date, it is now cancelled again since we have no games tonight.  Ahhhhh!!!!  Did you get all that?!  It’s ok, I’m not sure I do either.  I’m trying my best to roll with the punches but sometimes I do better than others. Winking smile

So we shall see later on today what mother nature is bringing us snowfall-wise…and hopefully it is minimal or nothing.  I am so ready for Spring!  I am praying that our Upward games for tomorrow are not affected!

Since a big steak dinner was being prepared for the basketball team for their pre-game meal tonight, they are going to go ahead and have it today after school…after all, it’s been rescheduled twice now .  Does this mean I don’t have to cook dinner??  Hmmmm……

On another note, I have chosen my SSMT Verse for February 1 (verse #3):

“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”  Exodus 14.14

This verse speaks to me SO much.  I am a doer…I am a let-me-get-it-done kinda girl.  When it comes to something needing to be done, I prefer to take control and do it myself.  That’s just me.  But as this verse reminds us, there are times when God just wants us to be still and let Him do the work.  It’s hard, I know.  But He is GOD…He is bigger and mightier than anything we could ever face.  Who better to fight for us than Him?!  I know I will gladly take my seat and let my Father take on the enemy for me! 

The only problem comes in making my actions match my words.  And sometimes it takes a constant reminder to myself to “…just sit back, let God work, don’t jump into anything here…” 

He’s.got.this. 

Do you feel a release when you say it to yourself?  I know I do.  I’m still not good at remembering to “be still” every time, but I’m trusting in Him that I’m getting better. Smile

DSC02262

Be Blessed Red heart

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...