Thursday, February 17, 2011

Check-Up Time

Great day, great run this morning!  Oh, and HELLO YOU, TOO! Open-mouthed smile

I am still floating from my morning run, which looked like this:

2011-02-17_1250garmin

Woop woop!!

I don’t know what’s gotten into these runs this week but they’ve been really good (and fast!).  I figure they are because of a few reasons:

  • Warmer weather.
  • Welcome relief to hit the pavement after 3 months on the treadmill.
  • Warmer weather.
  • Orthotic insoles for my shoes, which I’m LOVING.
  • Warmer weather.

Did you get that it’s been warmer here this week??  Haha, good. Winking smile  Such a nice change from the near zero temps of a week ago!  I have to keep reminding myself that it is February.  Katie even wanted to wear flip flops to school today…silly girl.  I was the mean mom and made her wear tennis shoes.  We are not quite in flip flop territory yet. 

I have been reciting several Bible verses to myself today, and praying that they will fully absorb into my soul.  Like:

“Don’t be afraid, just believe.”  Mark 5:36

“Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous!  Do not be terrified.  Do not be discouraged for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

“The Lord has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, and of power, and a sound mind.”  2 Timothy 1:7

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:6-7

“Give all your worries to Him because He cares for you.”  1 Peter 5:7

I have my 3-month oncologist checkup and my yearly breast MRI tomorrow morning in STL.  I KNOW I have nothing to be worried about, but scans of any sort always make my mind work overtime and my stomach knot up.  I am knowing and BELIEVING everything is going to be perfect…but I will still feel better when it’s over. Smile  Keep me in your prayers for a “peace that passes all understanding” and a clean bill of health.

Thanks, guys.

We’ll talk tomorrow!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...