Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fit Feet

Hello friends!  And how has your Tuesday been?

The fooT doctor (not fooD doctor, thank you MattWinking smile) appointments went well yesterday.  Tyler was getting checked out for some heel pain that I was certain was plantar fasciitis, but to my surprise it was not that at all.  His growth plate in his heel still hasn’t fused (and they typically do by now) so as it is in this “transition phase” it is causing some pain.  It was good news that there isn’t anything wrong with his foot, he’s just a “late bloomer” says the doc.  He said that he is about 2 years behind skeletally.  What made Tyler nearly jump for joy as we left was the fact that the doctor said that the heel plate not being fused yet means that Tyler is going to be getting a LOT bigger.  His best guess is probably this summer.  Tyler was thrilled.  With a family full of tall people, he’s been wondering when he was going to grow. 

My appointment went well also.  He said that I have an irritated tendon in my right foot.  It runs underneath my right ankle and down my foot.  He said I can keep running as long as it doesn’t get any worse and he also gave me some exercises and stretches to do to help heal it.  I have to hold heel/calf stretches for 10 minutes before I run, AND 10 minutes after I run.  He also gave me some orthotics to put in my running shoes, which I used this morning.  He said to break them in, just not to go out and run 10 miles at first.  I didn’t…I did 8.  Heehee!  They felt weird at first but I quickly got used to them and I had a great run.  And he would be proud, I also stretched BEFORE:

IMG_2341

    AND AFTER:

IMG_2342

 

I’m telling you, this weather has been awesome.  I am LOVIN’ it!

IMG_2343

 

It was even easier to keep a steady pace than it was yesterday.  I feel like I’m back in the groove.  My legs are still adjusting, though…they are a little sore.

2011-02-15_1547garmin

 

Ok, I’m off to get ready for Upward practice!  I’ll see y’all later!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...