Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Love Sunshine

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”  Philippians 4:8

What an amazing wrap up to the weekend today has been!

We had sunshine, bright blue skies, and warm temperatures…it was fantastic.  Good for the soul, for sure.

IMG_2337

Of course I hit the road running, literally, immediately after church.  I was just plain giddy when I walked out the door to head out!  I turned on my precious Garmin that had been neglected since November 12.  Poor, poor thing.  I still can’t believe I haven’t run outside for 3 whole months!

The numbers,

IMG_2336

Yeahhhhh, it’s 12 miles in 1:57:05!  Not too shabby for the first outside run in AGES!!  I had a hard time pacing myself, which is to be expected after being strictly on the treadmill for the past three months.  The treadmill is at a steady pace that you set; there is no guessing how fast you’re going or determine your own pace based on your foot speed, so I wasn’t surprised that I started out too fast and then had to take walk breaks towards the end.  It will get better as I am outside more and more. 

Hallelujah for warmer weather!!

This weekend was all about, what else, basketball!  Our first Upward games were held Saturday morning with a HUGE attendance!  Jack’s team that he coaches, as well as the little cheerleaders that I coach all had the first games of the day.  It was SO GREAT!!!  It was exhausting…but GREAT!!

UPWARDGAME2

UPWARDGAME2-3

UPWARDGAME2-1

I told you they were SO CUTE!!!

Next up on Saturday’s agenda was Tyler’s basketball game that evening.  So we came home from Upward, made dinner for the team, and had it back to the school after the boys’ shoot-around at noon.  Then Saturday night it was time for some more BULLDOG BASKETBALL!

The JV is stretched their winning streak to FOUR GAMES!!!  We have never, I repeat, never had a 4-game winning streak, or any kind of winning streak really…so this is SO MAJOR for them (us)!

GAMEFEB12-4

GAMEFEB12-5

GAMEFEB12-3

GAMEFEB12-2

GAMEFEB12 

GO DAWGS!!

We have until this Thursday off from basketball, but rest assured there are many other things and appointments that are going to keep us busy until then! 

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...