Monday, February 21, 2011

Focus On The Week

Mornin’ folks Sun  I hope the start to your work week, if you ARE working on this President’s Day, is a good one!

Our kids are in school today, well, the boys are in school today.  Katie and I are home with a double dose of sinusitis and bronchitis.Sad smile  There is a lot of snot and coughing around here, so if you were planning on visiting us you have been warned.  We are on medicine and hope to feel better very soon. 

It’s ridiculous, really, there is no time to be sick around here!  Take a look at our week (so far!):

AND NOW,

  • a breast biopsy.

Ughhhhh…

Now in a perfect Erica-centered world (Ha!) the scheduling would be made perfect for us and my biopsy would be scheduled for either Wednesday or early Thursday when we will be in STL anyway, but unfortunately our crazy schedule probably is not high on their list of priorities. Winking smile  But that’s ok.  We will deal.  “All things work together for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28  And this is what we cling to. 

I’m also starting to think that God allowed this sinus/bronchitis crud just in the perfect time, because I haven’t had hardly any time to think about the biopsy, really only thinking about how crappy I feel at the moment.  I guess that’s a good thing?

I am frustrated, though, that during the week that I could probably use running the most, I can’t do it.  One, I hate being off my training “plan” for my marathon, and two, I use my runs to focus my energy and my mind…clearly I need this!  But with me coughing my head off and using more tissues that I care to tell you, it’s just not feasible.  Hopefully soon though.  You can bet my break won’t be any longer than it has to be!  I am slightly concerned with my marathon training, though…

2011-02-21_0828daycounter 

YIKES!!  The whole 6 weeks thing makes me panic a little.  My longest run so far has been 14 miles…I’m not sure I’m going to be ready for this.  I may end up switching back down to the half if things don’t pick up.

Ok, I’m off to wait for my phone to ring and cuddle with my princess.

Have a great day, my lovelies. Smile

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...