Saturday, October 9, 2010

Catching Up & Checking In

You know, I’ve been doing really good lately about making daily posts…until this week.  It hasn’t been any crazier around here than normal, really, I guess I just fell off the blogging bandwagon for a couple days!  Sorry!

Yesterday mom and I took a trip to STL for her yearly mammogram and to get all of her records moved to Dr. Julie at WashU.  I’m so glad she is going to be in the same place with the same amazing care that I have gotten.  Obviously, we already know that she’s the best;-)  And God blessed us with a great report.

We had such a great day.  The weather was so beautiful that we had lunch outside at Zia’s.  It was amazing, of course. September10 012 September10 009

September10 010

September10 008

I also made it a point to go into the Media Center at Siteman and get some pink light bulbs to display for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.powerofpink      

For the rest of the month we are proudly displaying our own POWER OF PINK!!!  I LOVE IT!  I may just keep it up forever!  Hehe;-) September10 015

So after a week of ballgames, meets, and practices, we are settled in for a weekend of NOTHING!  Wow.  We don’t have any plans today, what?!  So we are all just enjoying doing our own thing this morning: me: blogging (duh), Jack: playing working on the excavator, Katie: arts and crafts, Tyler: watching the hunting channel, and Zach: still sleeping;-)  Nice…very nice.

Don’t you just LOVE these PINK boxing gloves?! 

pinkgloves

The day after I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I got a comment from a reader that absolutely made me ready to stand up and fight, pink boxing gloves and all!  Her name is Julia, and she still holds a special place in my heart for her powerful words:

I only wish I could tell you this in person!! Though I'm afraid you don't really KNOW me, I am a loyal reader who has happily followed your precious blog since around the end of August (I think!!!) When I read this post, I fell back into my chair. I lost my breath. I felt such pain. I felt scared. I could only imagine what YOU were feeling at that time. And at that moment, I sat back up, shook it off, and came back to myself. I realized that, despite the fact that we do not KNOW each other, per se, it is N.O.W. that I need to be strong for you. I have so much experience with Breast Cancer, as my Aunt has been through it 3 times and every time she kicked it! YOU will be okay. YOU will be FABULOUS, my babygirl. FEEL THAT IN YOU! Amazing that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, isn't it? Not only do you have the amaaazing support of your absolutely beautiful family, but you have my loving support. No, really, YOU HAVE the support, love, prayers, blessings, hugs, and unending light of more than 2.3 MILLION women in the U.S. alone, my darling! YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU WILL! And I, we, all of us, are going to freaking hold your tushy up HIGH and get you through this :) Don't worry!!

Awesome, right?!  Yes, God knows just what we need, right when we need it;-)

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...